POLYSTONE® P Polypropylene is a good choice for mechanical and structural applications such as plastic water tanks and vessels for the mineral processing, mining and galvanizing industries. Used extensively in the chemical process industry, it is also highly resistant to aqueous solutions of salts, acids and alkalis. POLYSTONE®P PP-H can be readily formed with excellent toughness at room temperature.
- Good mechanical strength – a hard, stiff and readily workable material.
- Good impact resistance at room temperature – robust and tough.
- Has very low permeability to water vapour and gasses.
- Very high chemical resistance.
- Moisture resistance – excellent for food and chemical applications.
- Higher scratch resistance than HDPE
- Thermoformable and weldable – ideal for fabrication.
- Operating temperature of -20 °C (short term only) to 130 °C.
- Higher melting temperature (between 160 °C – 165 °C)
- Food or corrosive storage vessels,
- cooling or scrubbing towers,
- pipe flanges,
- plastic water tanks,
- tanks and tank linings for chemical storage,
- electroplating barrels,
- fume cupboards,
- pump bodies,
- water treatment,
- plating tanks and hoods.