POM C Acetal is used extensively in traditional “metals” applications where the combination of strength and toughness offer winning advantages.
POM C Acetal copolymer is rigid and strong with a low coefficient of friction against metals and other plastics. SUSTARIN® is
creep and moisture resistant and ideal for close-tolerance parts where dimensional stability is important. (In high moisture or submerged applications, POM C bearings outperform nylon 4 to 1.)
POM C is resistant to a wide range of solvents; however resistance to strong acids is poor. Its physical properties remain constant in a variety of environments.Properties:
- High mechanical strength, hardness and stiffness.
- Good impact strength at temperatures as low as -40°C.
- Excellent resilience.
- Good creep resistance and very good dimensional stability.
- Good electrical insulating and dielectric properties.
- Good sliding properties and wear resistance.
- Very low moisture absorption. (resistance to hydrolysis)
- Good load bearing properties.
- Excellent machining capabilities – ideal for close tolerance parts.
- SUSTARIN®POM C meets EU and FDA requirements for food contact applications.
- Mechanical engineering
- Automotive industry
- Manufacture of chemical equipment: e.g. Meter components, Sliding elements, Gears, Control discs, Impellers, Bearings, Pump components, Valve bodies, Catch elements, Coil bodies, Bearing cages, Clutch parts, Pump housings
SUSTARIN® C can be used in “hot water” applications up to 60°C without any hydrolysis affect.