SUSTAMID® 6 GC is a semi-crystalline thermoplastic nylon (PA) with a higher mechanical strength, stiffness, heat and wear resistance than SUSTAMID® 6 G.
- Good toughness.
- Very good sliding properties.
- High absorption of moisture of up to 3 % in standard atmosphere.
- Extremely high wear resistance.
- High mechanical strength.
- High rigidity and stiffness
- Excellent machinability.
- Good adhesive properties and weldability.
- Mechanical engineering
- Materials handling industry
- Electrical industry
- Examples include:
- Gear wheels,
- seal-rings sleeve and slide bearings,
- wear pads,
- support and guide wheels,
- tension rollers,
- sleeves for wheels and rollers,
- pulleys and pulley linings,
- cams and more.