The casting process used to manufacture SUSTAMID®6G produces in a high-molecular and highly crystalline polyamide type 6 material with outstanding physical properties.Properties:
- Good sliding properties
- Extremely high abrasion resistance
- High mechanical strength coupled with high impact strength
- Excellent machinability
- High mechanical damping ability
- Working temperature range of -40°C to 110°C continuous.
- Good adhesive properties
- Good weldability
- EU & FDA approved for direct food contact applications
- High absorption of moisture (of up to 3 % in the standard atmosphere) results in increased impact resistance.
Sustamid is frequently used as a substitute for aluminium, brass or bronze. Used for a wide range of industrial components both for original equipment manufacture and maintenance.