GEHR’S Polypropylene (PP) rods has a very low density and a very high heat deflection temperature with a continuous operating temperature in natural colour ranges between +5 °C and approximately +100 °C. It has a good rigidity and hardness and is not prone to stress cracking.
GEHR round rods in natural and grey colour comply with the food contact regulations according to 10/2011/EC.Properties:
- Low density
- High heat resistance
- High tensile strength
- High surface strength
- Very high chemical resistance
- Low oxidation resistance
- Low abrasion resistance
- Brittle in cold temperatures
- PP Natural is not weather resistant
- Pumps, valves and gaskets
- Supporting stands for the coating industry
- Spacers for the electroplating
- Parts for toys
Due to the very low dielectric loss factor, high-frequency welding is not possible. However, all other appropriate welding procedures should work without challenges.