SUSTADUR® (Polyethylene Terephthalate) has high mechanical strength, good resistance to creep, excellent dimensional stability and excellent sliding properties.
SUSTADUR® has superior wear resistance compared to acetal and is ideal for close tolerance parts such as gears.
Its low moisture absorption enables mechanical and electrical properties to remain virtually unaffected by moisture making this material ideally suited as a bronze bush replacement.Properties:
- Improved tensile strength.
- Good for both wet and dry environments.
- High strength and rigidity––ideal for close tolerance parts.
- Good wear resistance and excellent dimensional stability.
- Better resistance to acids than nylon or acetal
- Better operating temperature.
- Reduced notched impact resistance.
- Can be machined to precise detail on standard metalworking equipment.
- High-strength technical parts for industrial sectors.
- General mechanical and plant engineering gears, levers, handles, control discs, cams, sliding elements bearings, door furniture, hinges, food industry.
SUSTADUR® absorbs very little moisture but does suffer from hydrolysis and should not be used in aqueous applications at temperatures above 70º C or steam environments.