The casting process used to manufacture SUSTAMID® 6G Nylon (PA) produces in a high-molecular and highly crystalline polyamide type 6 material with outstanding physical properties.Properties:
- Good toughness.
- Very good sliding properties.
- High absorption of moisture of up to 3 % in standard atmosphere.
- High abrasion resistance.
- High mechanical strength coupled with high impact strength.
- Working temperature range of -40°C to 110°C continuous.
- Excellent machinability.
- Good adhesive properties and weldability.
- EU & FDA approved for direct food contact applications.
SUSTAMID® 6G Nylon is frequently used as a substitute for aluminium, brass or bronze for a wide range of industrial components both for original equipment manufacture and maintenance.
- Mechanical engineering: e.g. sliding parts, rollers, bushes, slide bearings, wear pads, support and guide wheels, sprockets tension rollers.
- Offshore: e.g. bogies, cable winches, sheaves
- Vehicle construction: e.g. sliding parts, hoisting gear, rope pulleys
- Foodstuffs industry: e.g. sliding parts, conveyor stars wheels, spiral conveyors, feed screws,